Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Bridesmaid Hype


I will attending my colleague's wedding at the end of September, who is more like a best friend to me now. I'm glad she asked me to be her bridesmaid a.k.a "jie mei" and I feel more excited than her. O.o Haha. First time bridesmaid and attending a good friend's wedding is very joyous. I can imagine her blue-themed wedding lunch to be very calm and tranquil but also romantic all at the same time. And in search of a blue dress, I have no idea how I come to a conclusion to look for a convertible dress. Probably most bridesmaid wear convertible dresses in the same color palette when the bride signs up for a wedding package. 

I visited Victoria's Secret website and was amazed by the different dresses that you can get your hands on with just one dress. However, I dislike waiting for shipping and their dresses cost at least 70 USD so I need other options. I believe mylittlebow is one of the first online stores to feature the bridesmaid dress with an array of colors to choose from at an affordable price. They can custom make to your desired colors and you can head on down to their new office for fitting. I end up getting two convertibles in three colors :P. Got it? Two dress, three colors? Yup! One in Cobalt Blue for Pansy's wedding and another Pink/Black convertible which caught my eye for the longest time. I have to say it's worth it because I am getting two dresses plus private courier delivery at less than 80 SGD. Now, I'm still waiting for a reply to check out if my dresses are ready. My colleagues are planning to buy convertibles too so we were pretty excited to try out such a dress.

Many online stores like Love, Bonito, SmoochFairebelle and Kind of Wonderful are starting their line of bridesmaid dresses and convertibles. I'm really loving the Love, Bonito convertible bridesmaid dress as theirs are of satin-spandex blend which I believe has a shinier appearance while mylittlebow is of polyester-spandex blend. I just wish the washing part will turn out good. I'm not too sure of the difference as I've not seen both to compare. However, the sapphire blue is really alluring.

Mykaela Convertible DressMykaela Convertible Dress
Mykaela Convertible DressMykaela Convertible Dress

From Love, Bonito - Sapphire Blue, Champagne, Blush and Royal Purple

Currently all sold out - check back at their website for more bridesmaid dress styles, instocks and backorders


From Smooch - Raspberry Pink and Indigo Blue

Currently all sold out - check back at their website for more colors, instocks and backorders

The bridesmaid photography by Bryan Jean for Smooch is really pretty. Of course the colors stole my heart and I even thought of getting the Sapphire Blue from Bonito but I shall stick to my savings plan for frugality and practicality. I still need to get new sets of contact lens and also to shop at the new H&M opening on 3rd Sept, Can't Wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, Thanks for the writeup! Are you still interested in Electric Blue! I have a coming custom order which I can slot you in for one! Email us if you are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete